Rhubarb Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
Rhubarb is abundant in our area, and this recipe makes great use of it. The crunchy cinnamon-sugar topping is a nice complement to the rhubarb.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Add egg. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with the sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in rhubarb. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine all topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 378 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC