Rhubarb Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Add egg. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with the sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in rhubarb. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine all topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 12 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Streusel Coffee Cake(2)
Sort By :
Delicious. I will make it.
This recipe was my grandma's standby, only change she did was instead of sour cream, she used 1 cup sour milk ( almost a cup of skim milk with a little lemon juice added to sour it). Everyone loves this recipe, the original way and grandma's way!!