Rhubarb is abundant in our area, and this recipe makes great use of it. The crunchy cinnamon-sugar topping is a nice complement to the rhubarb.
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Add egg. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with the sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in rhubarb. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine all topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 12 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Coffee Cake in Country April/May 1992, p51
Reviews for Rhubarb Streusel Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review