Field editor Earlene Ertelt of Woodburn, Oregon says, "This pretty sauce perks up your taste buds. It's good on hot muffins and waffles or over vanilla ice cream."
- 1 pound fresh or frozen rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring rhubarb and jelly to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat.
- Mash with a potato masher. Stir in the strawberries and sugar; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cool. Pour into freezer containers; refrigerate or freeze. Serve as a side dish or over ice cream or waffles. Yield: 2 pints.
Originally published as Rhubarb-Strawberry Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p45
Reviews for Rhubarb-Strawberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2015
"This recipe was so easy and delicious! I served it with shortcake biscuits."