Rhubarb-Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound fresh or frozen rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring rhubarb and jelly to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Mash with a potato masher. Stir in the strawberries and sugar; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cool. Pour into freezer containers; refrigerate or freeze. Serve as a side dish or over ice cream or waffles. Yield: 2 pints.
2 tablespoon: 39 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Rhubarb-Strawberry Sauce
"This recipe was so easy and delicious! I served it with shortcake biscuits."