Rhubarb-Strawberry Sauce Recipe
Field editor Earlene Ertelt of Woodburn, Oregon says, "This pretty sauce perks up your taste buds. It's good on hot muffins and waffles or over vanilla ice cream."
- 1 pound fresh or frozen rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring rhubarb and jelly to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Mash with a potato masher. Stir in the strawberries and sugar; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cool. Pour into freezer containers; refrigerate or freeze. Serve as a side dish or over ice cream or waffles. Yield: 2 pints.
2 tablespoons: 39 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb-Strawberry Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC