- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/4-inch pieces)
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange marmalade, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add fruit; toss to coat. Gently stir in the juice, marmalade if desired and orange peel. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a deep-dish 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with fruit filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and rhubarb is tender. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rhubarb/Strawberry Pie
"My husband was very surprised how delicious this pie tasted. He expected it to be really sour. He just kept saying this is really good. I will be baking this pie many more times."
"Excellent taste and consistency."
"Love the blend of rhubarb, strawberries and orange. Great pie!"
"Very good recipe. The orange added an extra level of flavor. I did not use the marmalade and I use clear gel instead of tapioca."
"Nice and tangy"