- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/4-inch pieces)
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange marmalade, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add fruit; toss to coat. Gently stir in the juice, marmalade if desired and orange peel. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a deep-dish 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with fruit filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and rhubarb is tender. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Rhubarb/Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
Excellent taste and consistency.
Love the blend of rhubarb, strawberries and orange. Great pie!
Very good recipe. The orange added an extra level of flavor. I did not use the marmalade and I use clear gel instead of tapioca.
Nice and tangy
The best. Husband and I loved it as did all of my friends. Skipped the marmalade as I didn't want too much orange taste.