Rhubarb Strawberry Granita Recipe
Fresh rhubarb and strawberries make this sweet and icy dessert such a treat. You’ll love how quickly it comes together and that it’s prepared without any special equipment. —Christen Roye, Weatherford, Texas
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, sugar, rhubarb and strawberries to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Strain; discard pulp and seeds.
- 2. Transfer syrup to an 8-in. square dish. Stir in orange liqueur; cool to room temperature. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 128 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Strawberry Granita
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC