Rhubarb-Strawberry Gelatin Molds Recipe
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon strawberry gelatin
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the rhubarb, water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add the strawberries, orange juice and peel.
- 2. Divide between two 4-in. mini fluted pans coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Just before serving, invert molds onto serving plates; garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 143 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.