"This recipe comes from a neighbor with a very large and beautiful rhubarb and strawberry patch," says Janice Wiebelt from Hartville, Ohio. "This was her favorite salad and one of mine as well!"
Featured In: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon strawberry gelatin
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the rhubarb, water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add the strawberries, orange juice and peel.
- Divide between two 4-in. mini fluted pans coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Just before serving, invert molds onto serving plates; garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb-Strawberry Gelatin Molds in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p28
Reviews for Rhubarb-Strawberry Gelatin Molds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review