- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine rhubarb and strawberries; spoon over crust.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch
Sort By :
Had this at my cousin's place, absolutely amazing. Perfect paring of an all time favorite, Strawberry and Rhubarb! Thank you taste of home.
This is a great recipe to make in the spring when the fresh rhubarb appears! We love the combination of rhubarb and strawberries together and this recipe is a great pairing of the two!! Served warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it is such a delicious dessert!!! If I am serving more people, I increase ingredients to 1 1/2 times the amounts and put in a 9x13 in dish. As a TOH field editor, this is one of our families favorite springtime desserts!
Given free rhubarb and didn't know what to make. Thank you Taste of Home!
I love this recipe, but I messed up when I made it the first time. I didn't read the instructions closely and thought all the dry ingredients were for the topping. Well I liked it the way it turned out anyway, so what I do now is halve the crust/topping ingredients, forget about making a crust, put the fruit in the bottom of my dish, pour the sauce over and top with the crumb mixture. Easy and very tasty :)
Made this yesterday & there's nothing left! Even our 10 year old daughter flipped over it! Super easy & delish!