Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch Recipe
Garden-fresh rhubarb takes a bow in this easy recipe from Barbara Foss. "It's wonderful with ice cream," suggests the Waukesha, Wisconsin cook.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine rhubarb and strawberries; spoon over crust.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 373 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC