Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine rhubarb and strawberries; spoon over crust.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and vanilla; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 373 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch
"A wonderful easy way to enjoy summer's bounty!"
"Had this at my cousin's place, absolutely amazing. Perfect paring of an all time favorite, Strawberry and Rhubarb! Thank you taste of home."
"This is a great recipe to make in the spring when the fresh rhubarb appears! We love the combination of rhubarb and strawberries together and this recipe is a great pairing of the two!! Served warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it is such a delicious dessert!!! If I am serving more people, I increase ingredients to 1 1/2 times the amounts and put in a 9x13 in dish. As a TOH field editor, this is one of our families favorite springtime desserts!"
"Given free rhubarb and didn't know what to make. Thank you Taste of Home!"
"I love this recipe, but I messed up when I made it the first time. I didn't read the instructions closely and thought all the dry ingredients were for the topping. Well I liked it the way it turned out anyway, so what I do now is halve the crust/topping ingredients, forget about making a crust, put the fruit in the bottom of my dish, pour the sauce over and top with the crumb mixture. Easy and very tasty :)"
"Made this yesterday & there's nothing left! Even our 10 year old daughter flipped over it! Super easy & delish!"
"This is amazing! No ice cream needed! Whole wheat flour works great.~ Theresa"
"This is delicious. I made it using Splenda brown and white sugars. Next time I will try using half whole wheat flour."
"Very delicious! Used fresh rhubarb from garden."
"Wonderful recipe! I did not have any oats so I substituted instant strawberry & cream oatmeal! Will be making this many more times!!"
"I add cinnamon to the sauce and pour it over the rhubarb. I like to serve it warm with vanilla ice cream."
"Lots of requests for this recipe. Love it!"
"I made this with frozen rhubarb and strawberries and it was DELICIOUS. Can't wait to try it with fresh this spring!!"
"So delicious! This goes straight to my 'FAVORITES' file. It was gone in a flash -- next time I'll double it!"
"This dessert is wonderful. I make it all year long, using fresh fruit when possible, and frozen fruits in the winter."