- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups diced fresh or sliced frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and flour; stir in rhubarb and strawberries. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- For crust, combine the flour and salt; add oil and water. Stir with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Roll out between two pieces of waxed paper to an 11-in. x 7-in. rectangle.
- Discard top sheet of waxed paper. Invert dough over filling and gently peel off waxed paper. Brush dough with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler
Sort By :
I have made this dessert multiple times this year. I first made it with strawberries then, I experimented with raspberries. Both were very good. The last time I made it with both strawberries and raspberries. Yum! The crust is so flaky. This crust is so easy to make and the best part is no shortening is needed. I will be using this crust recipe for other pie-like desserts!
THIS IS DEF THE BEST STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COBBLER YOU WILL EVER MAKE... AS THE OTHER REVIEWS STATE, THE CRUST IS THE BEST, FLAKY AT IT'S BEST! YOU WILL MAKE THIS TIME AFTER TIME! :)
This was super easy to make and super tasty to eat. I thought this crust was one of the best cobbler crusts that I ever eater and one of the easiest to make. Very hard to stop at one serving...
I've made this recipe several times and LOVE it! I've also played with the fruit and have made it with strawberries and peaches, strawberies and blueberries, and peaches and raisins...all of the combinations were delicious.