Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
Mom's yummy cobbler is a truly wonderful finale to any meal. This sweet-tart family favorite is chock-full of berries and rhubarb and has a thick easy-to-make crust. -Susan Emery Everett, Washington
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour. Add fruit; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- 2. For crust, in a bowl, mix flour and salt. In another bowl, whisk oil and water; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until a dough is formed (dough will be sticky).
- 3. Roll dough between two pieces of waxed paper into an 11x7-in. rectangle. Remove top piece of waxed paper; invert rectangle over filling. Gently peel off waxed paper. Brush pastry with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- 4. Bake 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 479 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC