Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour. Add fruit; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- 2. For crust, in a bowl, mix flour and salt. In another bowl, whisk oil and water; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until a dough is formed (dough will be sticky).
- 3. Roll dough between two pieces of waxed paper into an 11x7-in. rectangle. Remove top piece of waxed paper; invert rectangle over filling. Gently peel off waxed paper. Brush pastry with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- 4. Bake 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 479 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler
"So good and so easy!"
"What a simple and fabulous recipe! I replaced 1/3 cup of the oil with melted butter, which is just my quirk, gotta have butter! This crust is a recipe I'm going to use from now on, on all my cobblers. And I'm replacing my current mixture of strawberry rhubarb with yours. EVERYTHING about this is perfect, from the texture of the crust to the just right sweetness of the filling. Thank you for this recipe, Susan!"
"I made this last night- and OH MY! I have never made one before that I didn't cook the rhubarb and strawberries beforehand. I will be keeping this super simple recipe!"
"I made this today since we picked 24 pounds of strawberries. I had frozen Rhubarb in the freezer. It turned out beautifully. I did not have a 11 by 7 inch pan so I used an 8 by 8 which worked out fine."
"Using frozen strawberries, I cut sugar amount in half."
"I made this yesterday and it was awesome!"
"Wonderful! Made it with last year's frozen rhubarb and can't wait for this year's crop to make it with fresh. Definitely a keeper."
"I have made this dessert multiple times this year. I first made it with strawberries then, I experimented with raspberries. Both were very good. The last time I made it with both strawberries and raspberries. Yum! The crust is so flaky. This crust is so easy to make and the best part is no shortening is needed. I will be using this crust recipe for other pie-like desserts!"
"THIS IS DEF THE BEST STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COBBLER YOU WILL EVER MAKE... AS THE OTHER REVIEWS STATE, THE CRUST IS THE BEST, FLAKY AT IT'S BEST! YOU WILL MAKE THIS TIME AFTER TIME! :)"
"This was super easy to make and super tasty to eat. I thought this crust was one of the best cobbler crusts that I ever eater and one of the easiest to make. Very hard to stop at one serving..."
"I've made this recipe several times and LOVE it! I've also played with the fruit and have made it with strawberries and peaches, strawberies and blueberries, and peaches and raisins...all of the combinations were delicious."
"I have been making this recipe for years, and I always get asked for the recipe. Definitely a keeper!!"