Rhubarb Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
Mom's yummy cobbler is a truly wonderful finale to any meal. This sweet-tart family favorite is chock-full of berries and rhubarb and has a thick easy-to-make crust. -Susan Emery Everett, Washington
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups diced fresh or sliced frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar and flour; stir in rhubarb and strawberries. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- 2. For crust, combine the flour and salt; add oil and water. Stir with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Roll out between two pieces of waxed paper to an 11-in. x 7-in. rectangle.
- 3. Discard top sheet of waxed paper. Invert dough over filling and gently peel off waxed paper. Brush dough with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 479 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC