Rhubarb Sticky Buns Recipe
Since I have seven rhubarb plants in my backyard, everything's coming up rosy about now. My husband and two teen sons are crazy about these sticky buns. I discovered the treat in an old recipe file I purchased at a rummage sale.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Stir in rhubarb. Spoon evenly into 12 well-greased muffin cups; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well.
- 3. Spoon over rhubarb mixture, filling cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 206 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC