Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie
Here's a pretty pie we made to celebrate the coming of summer each year.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups cubed rhubarb
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Ground cinnamon
- Place rhubarb in pie shell. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar,
- sour cream and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Pour over rhubarb.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and continue
- baking for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 295 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.