Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie Recipe
- 4 cups cubed rhubarb
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Ground cinnamon
- 1. Place rhubarb in pie shell. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, sour cream and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Pour over rhubarb. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and continue baking for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 295 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie
"I did not have sour cream so used vanilla yogart and it was wonderful!!!!!!!!!"
"Easy to make and tasted great! I used chopped frozen rhubarb that I defrosted by pouring hot water over it. Some people may want to add a little more sugar, but we enjoyed the tang, true rhubarb!"
"My husband loves ruhbarb. I was glad to find a pie recipe that was such a hit with him. It really was delicious."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.