Here's a pretty pie we made to celebrate the coming of summer each year.
- 4 cups cubed rhubarb
- 1 unbaked pie shell (10 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Ground cinnamon
- Place rhubarb in pie shell. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, sour cream and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Pour over rhubarb. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and continue baking for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Rhubarb Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p77
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review