Rhubarb Soup Recipe
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup white grape juice or white wine
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1 cup water, sugar and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat and discard cinnamon stick. Stir in grape juice. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 167 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Rhubarb Soup
"Delicious. Good made with blueberry juice and Splenda too."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.