- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup white grape juice or white wine
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1 cup water, sugar and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and discard cinnamon stick. Stir in grape juice. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rhubarb Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 5, 2011
"Delicious. Good made with blueberry juice and Splenda too."