- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup white grape juice or white wine
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1 cup water, sugar and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and discard cinnamon stick. Stir in grape juice. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rhubarb Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 5, 2011
Delicious. Good made with blueberry juice and Splenda too.