Rhubarb Slush Recipe
This thirst-quenching slush is a fun way to use rhubarb. I love to serve it for special get-togethers like a ladies' brunch or holiday meal. The rosy color and tangy flavor of this favorite spring crop come through in every sip. -Theresa Pearson, Ogilvie, Minnesota
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 bottle (2 liters) lemon-lime soda
- 1. In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, water and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool for about 30 minutes.
- 2. In a food processor or blender, puree mixture, half at a time. Stir in apple juice and lemonade concentrate. Pour into a freezer container; cover and freeze until firm. Let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes before serving.
- 3. For individual servings, scoop 1/3 cup into a glass and fill with soda. To serve a group, place all of mixture in a large pitcher or punch bowl; add soda and stir. Serve immediately. Yield: about 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 159 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Slush
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC