- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 bottle (2 liters) lemon-lime soda
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, water and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool for about 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree mixture, half at a time. Stir in apple juice and lemonade concentrate. Pour into a freezer container; cover and freeze until firm. Let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes before serving.
- For individual servings, scoop 1/3 cup into a glass and fill with soda. To serve a group, place all of mixture in a large pitcher or punch bowl; add soda and stir. Serve immediately. Yield: about 10 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Slush
Sort By :
"This is a great recipe. It is the prefect combo of sweet and tangy. I also tried this recipe using green apples to replace the rhubarb for my family who doesn't care for rhubarb, it is great BOTH ways! I will be doubling the recipe in the future, it disappears quickly! :)"
"I have made this punch since it first came out in the 1995 May /June edition of Taste of Home. I try to freeze a few batches of the cooked portion of the recipe to have on hand for a taste of spring at a winter party or shower. Always a great hit and a nice suprise when people discover it has rhubarb in it."
"Wonderful recipe! Only bad part was that it didn't make enough!"
"This sweet/tart drink is very good. Everyone seems to really like it."
"I make this every summer! It's been a hit with friends even those who are initially appalled by rhubarb in a drink."