Rhubarb Slush Punch Recipe
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 10 cups club soda, chilled
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Mash rhubarb; strain. Reserve juice and discard pulp. Add sugar, concentrates and remaining water to rhubarb juice. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving, scraping the surface as it thaws. Place equal amounts of slush mixture and club soda in each serving glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 244 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Rhubarb Slush Punch
"Big hit at my backyard party. I think next time I will back some on the sugar as I have red sweet rhubarb. But it still goes over FAST even with those non-rhubarb lovers!"