Five ingredients are all you need for this lip-smacking sauce that's ideal over reduced-fat ice cream. "We even like it warm over biscuits with a dash of cinnamon and a dollop of whipped cream," writes Evelyn Gebhardt from Kasilof, Alaska.
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Reduced-fat no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar substitute, water and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold over ice cream. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p22
Reviews for Rhubarb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review