Rhubarb Salad Recipe
Even people who don't like rhubarb have fallen for this dish! The deceptively simple-sounding recipe does not prepare you for the delicious flavor of the finished product. With its sweet-tart flavor, it's a lovely addition to a tradition festive dinner of a buffet supper.
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry or strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, cook rhubarb, 1/2 cup water and sugar until a sauce forms, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add orange peel, celery, nuts if desired and remaining water; mix well. Pour into a lightly greased 4- to 5-1/2-cup mold. Cover and chill until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 165 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC