Rhubarb Relish Recipe
"We especially like this zippy relish on cold roast beef," notes Mina Dyck, field editor from Boissevain, Manitoba.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:13 servings
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool; store in the refrigerator. Relish is a nice condiment to poultry, pork or beef. Yield: 3-1/3 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 173 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC