"We especially like this zippy relish on cold roast beef," notes Mina Dyck, field editor from Boissevain, Manitoba.
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool; store in the refrigerator. Relish is a nice condiment for poultry, pork or beef. Yield: 3-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Rhubarb Relish in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p45
Reviews for Rhubarb Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review