Rhubarb Raspberry Pie
My family loves rhubarb and raspberries, so I was happy to find this recipe several years ago. We recently moved from the city to the country and are thoroughly enjoying our new life-style.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Gently stir in rhubarb,
- raspberries and lemon juice. Let stand at least 15 minutes or up to
- 1 hour to soften tapioca; stir gently several times.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Pour
- filling into crust. Top with a lattice crust. Bake 45-55 minutes or
- until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm or
- at room temperature. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 378 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.