- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Gently stir in rhubarb, raspberries and lemon juice. Let stand at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour to soften tapioca; stir gently several times.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Pour filling into crust. Top with a lattice crust. Bake 45-55 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Rhubarb Raspberry Pie
Sort By :
Awesome flavor combination! I really enjoyed the sweet - tart mix of this pie. Will be making this again for sure. I might put the raspberries through a food mill to take the seeds out and just use the pulp next time though - just a thought for those who don't like the seeds.