Rhubarb Raspberry Mousse Recipe
This pretty pink mousse from Linda Ahtiainen of Gibsons, British Columbia is a delicious treat to make for your sweetheart. With its creamy texture and tart-sweet flavor, it's a sure pleaser.
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold water, divided
- 12 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 3/4 cup water, 6 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Strain; return to the pan and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water; set aside. Place the raspberries and remaining water in a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Strain; add to rhubarb mixture. Stir in softened gelatin. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into rhubarb mixture. Spoon into dessert glasses or bowls. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 338 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Raspberry Mousse
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC