Rhubarb Raspberry Crumble Recipe
The crumbly topping on this slightly sweet, slightly tart dessert really takes the cake. With slivered almonds, coconut and brown sugar, what’s not to love? Heidi Farnworth — Riverton, Utah
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, raspberries and lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, yogurt, sour cream, flour and egg. Pour over rhubarb mixture and stir gently to coat. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, place the oats, flour, coconut, brown sugar and cinnamon in a food processor; cover and process until combined. Add butter and apple juice concentrate; process until crumbly. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 264 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Raspberry Crumble
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC