Martha Dayton of Alexander, New York writes, "In spring, this crisp is the first thing I make with our garden rhubarb. I double the recipe for company."
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 2 tablespoons flour; transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with raisins. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over raisins.
- Combine the brown sugar, oats and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Raisin Crisp in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p45
Reviews for Rhubarb Raisin Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2015
"My grandma had memories of her mother adding a few raisins to rhubarb recipes, which she called a "real treat" and "so good!". I found this recipe, made it for her, and she LOVES it!"