I love the tart taste of rhubarb and serving this punch in the summer is a refreshing treat.—Eleanor Martens, Rosenort, Manitoba
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 3 quarts diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 quarts water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon-lime soda
- In a heavy saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar and water to a boil. Boil
- for 15 minutes; cool and strain. Stir in orange and lemon juices.
- Chill. For each serving, combine 1/2 cup rhubarb syrup and 12 oz.
- soda. Serve in chilled glass. Yield: 24 servings (12 ounces each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 170 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.