- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 egg whites
- In a small saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons water. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolk and sour cream until smooth. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into the egg yolks mixture.
- Pour half into a greased 6-in. ovenproof skillet. Spoon rhubarb mixture on top; spread with the remaining egg mixture, sealing edges to sides of skillet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Puff in Reminisce May/June 2003, p50
Reviews for Rhubarb Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2012
The topping was good, but not sweet enough. The rhubarb needed way more sugar.