- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 egg whites
- In a small saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons water. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolk and sour cream until smooth. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into the egg yolks mixture.
- Pour half into a greased 6-in. ovenproof skillet. Spoon rhubarb mixture on top; spread with the remaining egg mixture, sealing edges to sides of skillet. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Puff in Reminisce May/June 2003, p50
Reviews for Rhubarb Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2012
"The topping was good, but not sweet enough. The rhubarb needed way more sugar."