Rhubarb Pudding Dessert Recipe
Of the many recipes I've tried with rhubarb as the main ingredient, this is the one my family thinks is best. We can't wait for spring to arrive and the rhubarb to sprout.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; set aside 2 tablespoons. Press remaining crumbs into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes; cool.
- 2. For filling, in a large saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring if desired. Spread over the crust; chill.
- 3. Combine whipped cream and marshmallows; spread over rhubarb layer. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions for pie filling; spread over marshmallow layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 9-12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC