Rhubarb Pudding Recipe
In New England, come April and May, we can see rhubarb growing alongside almost every barn. When I was a child, I remember I would pick a stalk and chew on it. One of my neighbors gave me this recipe years ago.
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, cook rhubarb, 1 cup sugar, water and butter until a sauce forms, about 7-8 minutes. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Add milk and stir until smooth. Pour over rhubarb. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle on top. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Pudding in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p92
Reviews for Rhubarb Pudding(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review