- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rub the roast with garlic, rosemary and poultry seasoning. Place roast, fat side up, on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350°: for 1-1/4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour half over roast.
- Bake 45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting with remaining rhubarb sauce. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- If desired, combine pan drippings and any remaining sauce; serve with the roast. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Pork Roast in Birds & Blooms April/May 2001, p33
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Rhubarb Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review