Rhubarb Pork Chop Casserole Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm. Mix 1/4 cup pan drippings with bread crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup; sprinkle remaining crumbs into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon; spoon half over the bread crumbs.
- 3. Arrange pork chops on top. Spoon remaining rhubarb mixture over chops. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer