Rhubarb Pork Chop Casserole Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm. Mix 1/4 cup pan drippings with bread crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup; sprinkle remaining crumbs into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon; spoon half over the bread crumbs.
- Arrange pork chops on top. Spoon remaining rhubarb mixture over chops. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Rhubarb Pork Chop Casserole(4)
Sort By :
I cut this in half, since it's just two of us. Next time I would probably add a little apple juice to the pan before adding the bread crumbs - you don't get a lot of drippings with two pork chops! This was just a nice blend of sweet/tart, and the pork didn't dry out, as it sometimes does
We found this recipe right when we had a large harvest of rhubarb. Skeptically, I tried it. YUM! I can't wait for our rhubarb to be ready so I can make it again!!!
This recipe was absolutely delicious. My family and I love rhubarb. We have alot of it growing at our house and I make pie, cobblers, etc., but this recipe was different and we really enjoyed it.