Rhubarb Pork Chop Bake Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 4 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, bread cubes, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice.
- 3. Place half of the rhubarb mixture in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with chops and remaining rhubarb mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Rhubarb Pork Chop Bake
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.