Rhubarb-Pineapple Crisp Recipe
If you haven’t already, introduce the family to rhubarb in an irresistibly delicious way. —Judy Schut, Grand Rapids, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC