Rhubarb-Pineapple Crisp Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream): 232 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb-Pineapple Crisp
"Good recipe, but, I used a 20-oz. can of sweetened crushed pineapple and the same amount of sugar, and it was still too sour. Next time I'll use more sugar."
"Delicious crisp, it was a little bit tart,I put a 1/2 cup of sugar instead of a 1/4 as the recipe called for. Will definitely make again."
"This is a delicious. I have made it twice and we love it."
"What a great way (besides using strawberries) to use rhubarb. Great dessert!"
"We are big rhubard fans, so I was excited to try this recipe.I have never paired pineapple with rhubarb, but I thought the flavors went well together. Both my husband and I loved this dessert and I will definately make it again."
"I haven't liked rhubarb in the past but really enjoyed this dessert. glad I made it as a treat for my husband!"
"This is a delicious dessert, and I served w/whipped cream. I also substituted fresh strawberries in place of the pineapple. Yum!"
"This is the perfect warmer-weather recipe. It's not too much sweet and just a hint of tart. Together with whipped cream, it's the perfect ending."
"My husband asked to make this recipe. It was great. Excellent!"