- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb-Pineapple Crisp
Sort By :
This is a delicious. I have made it twice and we love it.
What a great way (besides using strawberries) to use rhubarb. Great dessert!
We are big rhubard fans, so I was excited to try this recipe.I have never paired pineapple with rhubarb, but I thought the flavors went well together. Both my husband and I loved this dessert and I will definately make it again.
Easy to make, this very lightly tart dessert is perfect for a summer dessert. I think the only change I'll make is to occasionally use strawberries. This recipe is what my husband refers to as a "keeper."
I haven't liked rhubarb in the past but really enjoyed this dessert. glad I made it as a treat for my husband!