- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons flour. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb-Pineapple Crisp
Sort By :
"Good recipe, but, I used a 20-oz. can of sweetened crushed pineapple and the same amount of sugar, and it was still too sour. Next time I'll use more sugar."
"Wow! What a simple preparation for a dessert that's full of flavor. Also easy to make Gluten free as well. I added 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger to the crumble mix for a bit of zest and it got rave reviews! Definitely keeping this one for my rhubarb collection!"
"Delicious crisp, it was a little bit tart,I put a 1/2 cup of sugar instead of a 1/4 as the recipe called for. Will definitely make again."
"This is a delicious. I have made it twice and we love it."
"What a great way (besides using strawberries) to use rhubarb. Great dessert!"