Rhubarb Pie Recipe
I always remember rhubarb pie being too tart for my taste, so I started making adjustments until I came up with this recipe. Everyone who has tried it has told me they like it very much.
- 3-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Pour filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges; cut slits in top. Brush milk over pastry; sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 517 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC