Rhubarb Pecan Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nuts. In another bowl, combine egg, oil, orange peel and orange juice. Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir just until moistened. Stir in rhubarb.
- 2. Fill 12 lightly greased muffin cups almost to the top. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 232 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Pecan Muffins
"Wonderful blend of flavors; fine consistency; will bake in under 25 mins."