I usually make these for breakfast and as a coffee-time snack. I also like using my rhubarb for pies and sauces. My husband and I—we have five children and eight grandchildren—are retired after 50 years of farming. We live simply, relying on our garden. I must be working...we're in our 70's
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nuts. In another bowl, combine egg, oil, orange peel and orange juice. Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir just until moistened. Stir in rhubarb.
- Fill 12 lightly greased muffin cups almost to the top. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Rhubarb Pecan Muffins in Country Woman March/April 1993, p33
Reviews for Rhubarb Pecan Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2011
"Wonderful blend of flavors; fine consistency; will bake in under 25 mins."