Rhubarb Pear Gelatin Recipe
Rhubarb season is almost here...and this is one of my family’s favorite ways to eat it. I tried this mixture of ingredients on my own, and my family of 12 couldn’t get enough. —Linda Strubhar, Cataldo, Idaho
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and chopped
- 1. Place gelatin and 1 cup marshmallows in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; pour over marshmallow mixture, stirring to dissolve gelatin. Stir in the cold water, pears and remaining marshmallows.
- 3. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 204 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC