Rhubarb season is almost here...and this is one of my family’s favorite ways to eat it. I tried this mixture of ingredients on my own, and my family of 12 couldn’t get enough. —Linda Strubhar, Cataldo, Idaho
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and chopped
- Place gelatin and 1 cup marshmallows in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; pour over marshmallow mixture, stirring to dissolve gelatin. Stir in the cold water, pears and remaining marshmallows.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Pear Gelatin in Country Extra May 2009, p51
Reviews for Rhubarb Pear Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2010
"I first made the original recipe.The next time I substituted quartered strawberries for the pears, eliminated the marshmallows, covered the top with homemade whipped cream, and garnished with halved strawberries. Family inhaled it and it disappeared in moments at a church potluck."