Rhubarb Peach Shortcake Recipe
I RECEIVED this recipe from my mother. It's one of the first desserts I make in the spring when our rhubarb comes in. I discovered rhubarb and peaches go well together, and the biscuits make it a hearty dessert. -Sheila Butler, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tube (5 to 6 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Set peaches aside. Stir reserved liquid into brown sugar mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add rhubarb; simmer for 8 minutes. Stir in peaches and vanilla. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. round baking pan. Dip one side of biscuits in sugar; place over hot fruit with sugar side up. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-24 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 208 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Peach Shortcake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC