I RECEIVED this recipe from my mother. It's one of the first desserts I make in the spring when our rhubarb comes in. I discovered rhubarb and peaches go well together, and the biscuits make it a hearty dessert. -Sheila Butler, Kansas City, Missouri
Recommended: 32 Sweet and Tart Rhubarb Dessert Recipes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tube (5 to 6 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Set peaches aside. Stir reserved liquid into brown sugar mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add rhubarb; simmer for 8 minutes. Stir in peaches and vanilla. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. round baking pan. Dip one side of biscuits in sugar; place over hot fruit with sugar side up. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-24 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Peach Shortcake in Reminisce March/April 1997, p49
Reviews for Rhubarb Peach Shortcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review