Rhubarb-Orange Marmalade Recipe
Rhubarb and orange make a great combination in this versatile marmalade. It’s a perfect glaze for meat or poultry and tasty on toast.—Joan Markytan, Elysian, Minnesota
- 6 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 6 cups sugar, divided
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 4 cups sugar; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Peel rind from oranges; cut into very thin strips, about 1 in. long. Place strips in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand 30 minutes; drain. Trim white pith from oranges; discard pith. Cut oranges into 1/2-in. chunks, reserving juices. Discard membranes and seeds.
- 3. In a Dutch oven, combine rhubarb mixture, orange peel, orange chunks with juices, walnuts, raisins and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until thickened.
- 4. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into seven hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 5. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
2 tablespoons: 108 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb-Orange Marmalade
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC