Rhubarb Orange Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and orange juice concentrate; stir in the flour, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in rhubarb and butter. Fold in egg white mixture.
- 4. Pour into pastry shell; sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 364 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Orange Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.