Rhubarb Orange Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and orange juice concentrate; stir in the flour, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in rhubarb and butter. Fold in egg white mixture.
- 4. Pour into pastry shell; sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 364 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Rhubarb Orange Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.