Rhubarb Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice or white grape juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine egg, oil, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from the pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 206 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Rhubarb Oatmeal Muffins
"The muffins did not rise as I expected. The taste was OK, but there is a dip on the top of the muffin instead of a nice raised top."
"Great flavor combination and I loved the crunchy topping."